Top 10 Tips for Selling Services to the Modern Woman
Everywhere you turn, you will see increasing amounts of content related to women as the strongest female consumer, and how women control buying decisions for their households and dominate the purchasing market in the US, and (increasingly) worldwide.
Here are some true facts:
* 91% of females believe that advertisers don't understand them
* Women own 40% of all privately owned American businesses
* Women purchase 89% of the market goods in America
* 85% of purchases and secondary influences are made by women
* 51% of the goods marketed to women are purchased by women
* $7 TRILLION is contributed by women in the US to consumer and business spending
These figures are increasing daily and may already be outdated!
The key to a woman's heart is in the details. Quality control, clean processes, and honestly taking another burden off her plate. Today's average female from 30-40ish is a busy professional, mother, or both, and also runs her household for the most part. We're project managers with no extra time. If you can minimize her need to contribute time and problem solving while also providing extraordinary customer service and some surprise benefits, you'll have a customer for life.
Here are 10 tips on how salespeople can be more relevant to women:
1. BE SHARP BUT COMFORTABLE - USE AN ACCESSORY OR STAND OUT CLOTHING ITEM.
2. TAKE A GENUINE INTEREST IN YOUR CLIENTS AND THEIR PERSONAL STORY.
3. RECORD AND LISTEN TO YOUR PHONE VOICE - WOMEN CARE ABOUT TONE.
4. CREATE AN EXPERTISE IN PEOPLE IN YOUR AGE GROUP AND/OR STAGES OF LIFE.
5. SPEAK LESS, LISTEN MORE. RELATE TO YOUR CUSTOMER'S STORY.
6. BE VERY WELL PREPARED AND WRITE DOWN WHAT YOUR PROSPECT SAYS.
7. GIVE HER FACTS THAT SHE DOESN'T ALREADY KNOW ABOUT YOUR INDUSTRY AND YOUR BUSINESS/SERVICE'S PLACE IN THAT INDUSTRY.
9. CREATE A PLAN OF EXTRAORDINARY CUSTOMER SERVICE AND COMMUNICATE IT.
10. DELIGHT HER WITH YOUR FOLLOW THROUGH.